Improved Racing designed this crankshaft scraper and windage tray kit for direct bolt-on installation in factory 3.622" stroke LS engines, with either factory main studs. These kits are compatible with later model rear hump sumps found on VE/VF.
Improved Racing's crankshaft scrapers help reduce oil starvation by closely contouring the crankshaft and rods to remove excess oil, ensuring oil is quickly returned to the bottom of the sump. Crank scrapers also help reduce parasitic drag and windage losses caused by excess oil on the crank, which reduces rotational mass and results in dyno-proven gains of nearly 2% at the wheels. This equates to gains of up to 9 WHP on a 500 WHP vehicle.
Improved Racing's second generation crankshaft scrapers are CNC-machined from 0.190" thick, 6061-T6 billet aluminium, making them twice as strong as our first generation steel scrapers. The crankshaft scraper kits also include an aluminium windage tray that is 10% lighter, 70% stronger, and provides more clearance for aftermarket rods than the factory windage tray. The included windage tray bolts directly to the scraper with self-clinching lock nuts instead of the main cap studs, allowing it to be installed without disturbing the scraper alignment.
The crankshaft scrapers and windage trays were designed in CAD software using actual GM part models, prototyped, and test-fitted for a completely bolt-on fit. The factory oil pump pickup tube is kept in factory location with no compromises or modifications required.
Crank Scraper kits include Class 10, flanged zinc-plated steel distorted thread lock nuts to secure the scraper to the main cap studs. These are an upgrade over the serrated steel nuts included with ARP main stud kits.
Features and Benefits
- Guaranteed to increase horsepower by up to 2% at the wheels
- Scraper and windage tray assembly is 70% stronger and 10% lighter than the factory windage tray
- Reduces oil starvation and aeration
- 100% bolt-on installation
- Windage tray is secured with locking, vibration-resistant hardware
- Includes upgraded main cap stud lock nuts
- CNC-machined aluminium crank scraper
- Aluminium windage tray
- Self-clinching windage tray-to-scraper mounting hardware
- Flanged, locking scraper-to-main cap stud mounting nuts
- Material: 6061-T6 aluminium (scraper), 5052-H32 aluminium (windage tray)
- Hardware: Self-clinching steel locknuts and steel screws
- 0.96-1.14 kg
- Here at Malex Motorsports all of our items are in stock in our Sydney based store, ready to ship or pick up.
- NOW IN SMEATON GRANGE!