This oil pan baffle is designed for use in the front sump oil pan, GM part # 12561541 or 12561542, used only in the Australian Holden Commodore and Monaro vehicles built between 1997 and 2002.
Improved Racing's baffles provide very effective, track-proven protection against oil starvation for road racing, drifting, autocross, drag racing and even off-roading and rock crawling. The baffle uses directional trap doors to keep oil around the pump pickup and provides vastly improved drainback and oil control over the stock baffle. This baffle is sufficient to prevent oil pressure drops at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G's in most vehicles.
The optional Oil pan gasket kit includes a new performance single-piece oil pan gasket (part number HGA-1001) and a OEM oil pickup tube O-ring. It is recommended that these components be replaced when installing a used oil pan.
Features and Benefits
- Track-proven to prevent oil starvation at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G's
- Directional trap door baffling completely encloses the oil pump pickup for maximum protection against oil starvation at high Gs
- 100% bolt in, no welding necessary. This is a direct bolt-in replacement for the stock steel baffle in the stock oil pan
- Baffle plate with drain-back guides and drain-back slots help accelerate return of oil to the bottom of the sump while also preventing oil slosh and reducing oil consumption
- Reduces the risk of oil starvation when oil levels are low
- Works with the factory cast aluminum oil pan, which is considered a structural member of the engine block and is less prone to failure or leaking than aftermarket sheet metal pans
- Light-weight aluminum construction sheds 1.3lbs over the factory baffle
- Solid body aircraft rivets employed for securing trap doors
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
This product is designed for direct installation in the following vehicles:
- 1997-2000 Holden Commodore VT Series II, 5.7L V8 (LS1)
- 2000-2002 Holden Commodore VX, 5.7L V8 (LS1)
- GM oil pan part # 12561541, casting number 12561542